Do’s and Don’ts of Working with Students
- Represent yourself and JHU with integrity and pride. You are an example to students.
- Identify yourself as an Alumnus.
- Be friendly, attentive, smile and convey your enthusiasm to everyone you may speak with. Remember that first impressions are lasting impressions.
- Stay focused when sharing with students. Limit your conversations to your areas of expertise.
- Share your experience and the foundation that was provided as a result of attending JHU.
- Don’t guarantee outcomes.
- Don’t be afraid to say you don’t know the answer to a question. Have the student contact their Life Design Office if they need more information.
Question for Students
- What is your area of interest?
- Are you considering more education? Are you considering going straight into the industry?
- What should your future offer you as an individual?
- What is your general impression of your interests?
- Are you involved in interests outside of JHU? What are they?