FastForward U’s accelerator programming is an opportunity for student teams from across the University to work collaboratively to make progress on their ventures. These engaging, cross-disciplinary initiatives build skills, grow networks, and connect founders with other entrepreneurial students.
Teams are grouped by stage to allow students to learn together at a pace that makes sense for where they are on their entrepreneurial journey. Spark and Fuel tracks include a stipend and the chance to win additional funds at Demo Days.
Learn more about each track below.
- Early-stage track for teams to explore and validate their ideas.
- Asynchronous curriculum focuses on early venture basics, market research, customer discovery, and more.
- Live, weekly MasterMind check-ins for brainstorming and feedback hour.
- Successfully completing Spark makes many teams ready for Fuel.
- Later-stage track designed to help committed ventures get market/investor ready.
- Focuses on customer acquisition, marketing development, entrepreneurial finance, investor readiness, team-building, and more via customized attention (workshops, 1:1 mentorship, and more).
- Weekly cohort meetings throughout the semester with special guests (founders, VC, JHTV staff, and more).
- Includes multiple mentorship and industry connections as part of the program.
All Fuel events, meetings, and workshops will be held online for this semester, while the Spark program will be held in hybrid mode. Both programs end after nine weeks with the semi-annual Demo Day, where students can present their business projects to the public and win additional funding for their enterprises.
Meet past cohorts and watch Demo Day footage
- Spring 2022 Spark Cohort | Spring 2022 Spark Showcase
- Spring 2022 Fuel Cohort | Spring 2022 Fuel Demo Day
- Fall 2021 Spark Cohort | Fall 2021 Spark Virtual Demo Day
- Fall 2021 Fuel Cohort | Fall 2021 Fuel Virtual Demo Day
- Spring 2021 Cohort | Spring 2021 Virtual Demo Day
- Spring 2020 Cohort | Spring 2020 Virtual Demo Day
- Fall 2019 Cohort | Fall 2019 Demo Days
Find out more and apply
Visit FastForward U website to learn more and apply: https://ventures.jhu.edu/programs-services/fastforward-u/accelerator/.