Ways to Engage Students
There are a dozen ways to recruit and engage talent at Hopkins, so where should one begin? It all depends on your goals, and we’re happy to support you every step of the way. Take a look below at some of the main ways our hiring partners work with us.
Talent Engagement Menu
Build Your Brand
Connect with Students 1-1
- Employer Information Sessions: Host information sessions on-campus, at work, or virtually to identify and meet interested candidates, market your organization, and advertise available job or internship opportunities.
- Speaking Engagements: Prospective employers provide unique and varied perspectives on current business issues through formal and informal meetings with students.
- Industry Panels: We invite industry professionals to share insights, advice, and knowledge with students through panel discussions.
- Employer Treks: Employers inform students on a company’s mission, culture, and overall industry while engaging with potential candidates.
- Student Clubs: Engage with us through numerous student organizations targeted to specific industries and degree programs. Student clubs routinely host networking sessions, employer site visits, case competitions, speaking engagements, and other activities.
- Job Opportunities: Post jobs and internships for students and alumni via Handshake, a private online network and career services platform. Postings can be distributed to targeted audience segments.
- Resume Books: Resumes for specific requisitions and job functions are available to potential employers for review and consideration.
- Hiring Events: We run hiring events throughout the year, subscribe to our newsletter to get updates first!
- Coffee Chats: Network with students in a casual, one-on-one setting to share insights into company culture, roles in the workplace, or general career advice. Coffee chats typically last 15-30 minutes and are scheduled by appointment.
- Campus Interviewing: We provide virtual or in-person space for interviews as well as prepare documents and materials to ensure a seamless interview experience.
- Workshops: Students can gain valuable skills while learning about your company. Examples include interviewing skills, networking, and personal branding.
- Mock Interviews: Mock interviews provide students with invaluable experience and preparation for meeting with industry professionals.
- Mentor: Connect with students to support them in their professional journey.