The Civil Litigation Practice Group at McCandlish Holton aggressively defends a wide variety of clients and cases throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia and D.C. in all state and federal courts.
Our Paralegals and Attorneys work in a team environment that is fast-paced, high-pressured and deadline intensive. We seek talented team members who are well organized, detail oriented and adaptable with the willingness and ability to learn and implement a defined prioritization system.
Successful candidates will have demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills and be able to read and understand what they are reading at an advanced level.
A college degree or relevant, related experience is required. Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills are a must.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
· Managing multiple cases from file opening to hearing
· Drafting discovery responses and complaints
· Create reports for attorneys based on case specifications and attorney requests.
· Work with attorneys to develop legal arguments, motions and other case filings.
· Develop a case file indexing system that can be used as an active archive for all ongoing and completed cases.
· Monitor changes to government guidelines or regulations and submit reports on pertinent changes.
· Utilize existing files and a variety of other research resources to develop information for pending cases.
· Prolonged sitting, walking and reaching